Hey all, I just thought I'd share with you one of my favorite workouts.
It's known as the Deck of Cards workout, and it's a killer.
It works as following, and all you need is a deck of cards!
1) Pick 2-5 exercises, some personal favorites of mine are push ups, squats, lunges, sit ups, planks. But you can choose whatever you want to work out.
2) Assign each workout to a suit.
3) Mix up the deck of cards thoroughly
4) Start a timer, and then proceed to flip through the deck. Whatever suit it is, that is what exercise you do, and the amount of the exercise. Face cards are 10, and Aces are 11.
5) As an extra to it, add in two jokers, and whenever they come up do an isometric movement, or a max out. An example would be a max hold out plank, or as many push ups as you can do consecutively.
The allure and challenge to this workout is to get through it as quick as possible, and for every time you do it, to do it faster. You aren't competing against anyone but yourself! The other bonus to it is that it's never the same in the workload. You might get all your push ups at once one time through, and the next time they could be evenly spaced out, or even all pop out at the end! It keeps you on your toes and is sure to help get you in shape.
I just did this the other day with squats and back bends, and my legs still are hurting when I walk, and its been two days now!
Try it out and let me know what you think by commenting below!